Why Choose Candy Hastings as Your Travel Advisor?
- I don’t charge any extra fees for cruises, hotels, tours, all-inclusives, and excursions. All of these travel vendors have a set fee that includes the commission. So they pay me the ‘set’ commission or keep it for themselves, but the bottom line is you will be paying the same amount whether you book with me or directly with the vendor.
- I will always look for perks—extra cash or a credit, a bottle of wine, a cocktail party, etc. when you book with me. Plus right up until final payment if I find something that is beneficial to you, including lower pricing, I will work to get it for you.
- As a travel advisor I often have recommendations for you. I may recommend a particular cruise line for a certain destination or for a multi-generational vacation. Then there’s always the time of year to consider and how it affects your pocket book. Depending on the destination I may be able to recommend a hotel, type of transfer or even a fishing guide.
- Travel Protection is important; it’s not really about a travel delay or lost luggage as those are relatively small dollar items and inconveniences. It’s about taking care of the big dollar items—medical, evacuation and repatriation. I have several travel protection options that I can offer.
- Vacation planning can be very time consuming and stressful. I reduce the stress and help make your planning easier by doing the research and narrowing down the options—cruise lines, hotels, and excursions.
- I have lots of helpful hints, such as, if cruising then take some magnetic hangers to create a space to hang hats, purses, etc. When staying at a hotel take a small alligator bar so you’ll have plenty of outlets for all your electronics.
- My clients aren’t just numbers to me or forgotten about as soon as they book. I am here for you before your vacation, I am there for you during your vacation (if needed) and when you get back.
- I can personalize your vacation. For example, if you want a customized land tour specifically for you rather than the “standard” land tour, I can make that happen.
- I am certified in accessible travel. If you or someone traveling with you has a special need I can help with that. We can arrange to get the special equipment you need.
- As your travel advisor I provide you with added value at no extra cost to you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Cruise if you want to visit lots of places and only unpack once, tour if you want to see lots of places and don’t mind constantly packing and unpacking, an all-inclusive if you want to stay in one place and only unpack once, or a combination of any or all of the above.
Travel is for everyone. From single families to friends and groups celebrating reunions, celebrations, or those just wanting to have fun together. Then there are the groups such as businesses, corporations, organizations, and associations that meet for business reasons and for fundraising. Anyone can travel for any reason!
That all depends on what you want to see or do. Most destinations will have a peak, shoulder, and off season. Travel is based on what you want to see and or when you have the time availability for vacationing.
People travel for all sorts of reasons, here are just a few:
- Celebrations such as birthdays, wedding, anniversaries, and retirement.
- To be with others who have made the same lifestyle choices.
- To be with others that have a like interest or hobby, such as golf, dancing, music, sports enthusiast, history, wine/beer tastings.
- To complete a religious pilgrimage.
- To fundraise—when groups fundraise on a cruise they are helping make a wonderful charitable contribution to a non-profit organization of their choice, getting a tax write-off, and having a wonderful vacation, and that’s a win-win-win for all!
New Driver License and ID Card Requirements for Air Travel
Effective October 1, 2020, the standard Arizona Driver License will no longer be accepted by TSA to pass through airport, as well as access restricted areas in federal facilities, nuclear power plants, and military facilities. Only the REAL ID compliant Voluntary Travel ID will be accepted.
Applicants will need to provide one document to establish birth or legal presence in the United States, such as a birth certificate, a U.S. passport, passport card, certificate of citizenship, or immigration documents. They’ll also need to provide a document to confirm their social security number (like a W-2 form), as well as a document to establish proof of residence, such as a bank statement or utility bill. A full list of approved documents is available online. The travel ID card costs $25 and is good for up to eight years. It should take about seven to 10 days to get the new ID in the mail.
Residents can also opt-out of a REAL ID-compliant and choose a regular state license. The card will be marked with “Not for federal identification.” and will need a valid passport to travel even within the United States.
The Department of Homeland Security has designated a Real ID-compliant driver’s license as one of more than a dozen forms of acceptable ID for air travel. Others include a passport, a U.S. Department of Defense ID, a border crossing card, a DHS trusted traveler card, such as Global Entry, or a permanent resident card. For a complete list, visit tsa.gov.
Top Ten Reasons to Take a Vacation Right Now
- Time away gives you more energy.
- Many times people come up with their best ideas when they’re away from work.
- Time in the sun will make you more productive and happier.
- Vacations can keep you from being depressed and even save your relationships.
- It gives you a chance to act like a kid again—no strict schedules.
- You can reap the benefits of getting away just by planning your vacation.
- You will save your company money as you are less likely to get sick or be mentally checked out.
- Your life will improve when you take time to get away as you’re more likely to reconnect with people.
- Showing the confidence to take time off lets your boss and peers know that you believe you are important and deserve time off.
- If tropical climates aren’t your thing, there are awesome cold-weather vacations too.
Candy Hastings was truly AMAZING! She took care of all of our travel needs and details, helped plan our trip tours and all transportation, she was so incredibly helpful and had so many travel tips for us, it made our trip so much more fun and relaxing knowing everything had been taken care of for us! Thank you, Candy, YOU are AWESOME!!!
I highly recommend Dream Vacations and Candy Hastings for all your travel needs. They are truly AMAZING to work with and they take care of simply everything! Thank you for a wonderful experience and vacation!
Candy was excellent helping us plan our European vacation. She was responsive and listened to what we wanted. The final itinerary was perfect.
This was my wife’s and my first trip to Europe, so we were very apprehensive regarding what to expect or how to properly plan it. However, our Vacation Specialist, Candy Hastings, made the whole trip go so very easy and memorable. All we needed to do was to go by the itinerary Mrs. Hastings provided us. The entire trip which covered Germany, Austria, and Rome was basically carefree and so easy. Everything we were promised came true. My wife and I can’t wait to use Dream Vacations Vacation Specialist Mrs. Hastings service to help plan our next trip to Holland. Thank you Mrs. Candy Hastings for making our dream vacation wonderful and memorable.
—Eloy and Ana Ramirez, Vail, AZ
Dream Vacation Specialist, Mrs. Candy Hastings, made my wife’s and I dream vacation to Europe so easy. All we needed to do was provide Mrs. Hastings with our “wish to do list” and she took over from there. She provided us with ideas and modifying our trip plans was so easy. Everything we were promised did happen. Mrs. Hastings did all the hard work and all we had to do was have fun and enjoy.
Candy was extremely helpful and gave great advice. Candy’s real life experiences with cruising was very helpful. She gave great advice, and we received a well prepared information package about our cruise.
I highly recommend Candy! She was marvelous!
I like having someone plan for me… So am glad to have found Candy!
Candy did a great job. She was knowledgeable and was able to get us the information we needed in a timely manner. She definitely took the burden of booking a trip off our shoulders.
—Arizona Dream Builders, LLC
Candy did a great job planning my trip. Much appreciated. Will definitely call her again.
Candy has done a fabulous job in planning our vacations for the last few years. Everything runs smoother than expected.
They must have a separate bank of rooms saved for travel agents. Way to go Candy. Thank You.
Thanks for getting that discount for us. We appreciate it a lot!
We had a wonderful time. Everything went smoothly. Enjoyed our three excursions. Learned a lot of history about the island. Very friendly ship too.